Thursday, July 23, 2009

SAB Volunteer House Build, 23 July 2009

One of the SAB construction teams getting into the swing of things - setting up a conveyor system to relay blocks to the site.
Today was a wonderful day, a very great initiative for SAB to be the first corporate involved with Niall Mellon Township Trust (for a full week). As an employee of SAB I felt very honoured to have been part of this project.
Tumi Mohube, Experiential Events, SAB

Margaret Gwangwa, the beneficiary of the house handed over today, ready to move into her new house, with her two daughters,
Lebohang (9) and Keketso (4).
My experience here made me realise how much these people need houses. Where I was helping out they had three shacks which were not in the right condition. The look on their faces when we were building them a new home was enough to make me feel proud of helping out in this initiative. I would not mind helping out again next year.
Mary Methi, Stock Clerk, SAB Isando

No comments:

Post a Comment