Wednesday, August 5, 2009

FirstRand Volunteer Build, Gauteng, 30 July

Joyce Maripha opening the door to her new house.
I just want to thank the parties responsible for me being at the build. I really loved being a part of the initiative. I might be renting a flat at the moment but when I go home I go to a shack. My sister lives in a shack and I know what the lady with the house was speaking of when she mentioned the seasons.
My friends always laugh and think I'm joking when I say I'm working as hard as I do to buy myself a house not a car but they don't understand. No one should be living in a shack if they can help it. To know that I helped someone who I know must be happy to have this house really makes me happy. One of the reasons I became a volunteer in the first place was to make a difference in someone else's life besides my own, no matter how small. I believed we achieved that.
Shivaan Bhikum, Momentum, 30 July 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment